Let your mum know how special she is with this cute stamped card using Penny Black’s ‘Merci’ rubber stamp and a spring-inspired pink, lilac and green colour scheme.
Markers of your choice (for colouring the stamped image)
White card blank
Baby pink pearlescent paper
Purple pearlescent paper
Baby pink 7mm organza ribbon
Light pink self-adhesive pearls, 5mm
Martha Stewart Deep Edge Punch, Floral Vine (any other edge punch would be fine)
Purple glitter gel pen
Memento Dew Drop ink pad, Angel Pink
Plain white card tag
All-purpose glue (we used a glue stick), and some scissors or a trimmer.
1. Carefully stamp your image onto the card blank, roughly in the centre.
2. Colour in the cat with markers in your choice of colours. In our example we have used a mix of pink, purple and yellow for the flowers, orange and yellow for the cat, and green for the flower stems and patch of grass we’ve added beneath the cat.
3. Cut a strip of the pearlescent pink paper approximately 4cm x 10cm and glue it along the top of the card.
4. Cut a strip of the pearlescent purple paper approximately 6.5cm x 10cm and glue it along the bottom of the card.
5. Take the rest of the pearlescent purple sheet and cut out a strip about 10cm x 3.5cm. Punch along one edge to create a decorative border, then glue it onto the pink paper at the top of the card.
6. Take the pearlescent pink sheet and cut out a strip about 10cm x 6cm. Punch along one edge, then turn it round and do the same with the opposite edge, leaving you with a border strip that has a decorative edge both sides. Stick this on the purple paper at the bottom of the card.
7. Cut two 10cm lengths of the ribbon and stick one just above the bottom border, and one just below the top border.
8. Tie two small bows with the rest of the ribbon, cutting the ends neatly, and stick one in the centre of the ribbon strip at the bottom. Glue pink pearls at both ends of the ribbon.
9. Take your card tag and, holding the Pink Ink pad, dab the ink all over the surface of the tag to create a dappled, chalk-like effect. When dry, write “Happy Mother’s Day” over this with the purple glitter pen.
10. Glue the “tie” end of the tag to the centre of the ribbon strip at the top, glue the other ribbon bow on top, and stick a pearl at both ends of the ribbon strip.
And you’re done!