Craft rubber stamps are a popular, quick and easy way to add great designs to your creative projects. Here are 5 different ways you can use colour with your stamps to achieve some stunning effects.
Colouring a stamped image using watercolours produces amazing results. Lots of people are put off trying this method, imagining it will be difficult. But it’s really simple once you know how, and the results are well worth it. All you need is a paint brush, water and some suitable ink or paint.
Here’s the list of watercolours and paint brushes that we picked for you!
Firstly, to create the outline, you need to apply colour directly to the stamp. To keep a solid outline, it’s really important to use a suitable waterproof ink pad. However, if you’d rather blend the outline into the image, colour your stamp with watercolour pens or pencils, or brush on watercolour paint, then stamp. This way, the outline will bleed into the rest of the image when you apply water.
To colour in the image, again you can use watercolour paint, pens or pencils. If using pens or pencils, colour in the image first then go over it with a wet paintbrush to blend. If using paints, dip a wet brush in the paints and colour the image.
Embossing powder will help you create impressive raised images like these with your stamps:
So we’ve choose the best Embossing powders
Tsukineko Versacolor Noel 3-Colour Ink Pad
- Versacolour is tsukineko's ultimate pigment ink
- Versacolour is tsukineko's most colour-intensive line of pigment inks
- Versacolour is Ideal for stamping
- 3 colours Scarlet, Gold & green
- Cleans up easily with stazon all-purpose stamp cleaner
4.7/5 from 16 reviews
Ranger Archival Ink Pad, Leaf Green
- Suitable for art and craft projects
- Not recommended for children below three years
- Made in USA
4.4/5 from 35 reviews
Sizzix Embossing Ink Pad 663012, Clear, One Size, 16 x 14 x 3 cm
- A must-have for any stamper
- The embossing ink pad stamps clear & Works with any colour of embossing powder to complete your stamped project...
- Adhesive pad for use with stamps and embossing powder
- Can be used with all card stock
- Adheres embossing powder without affecting the colour of the powder
3.6/5 from 21 reviews
Ranger Distress Mini Embossing Ink Pad
- Distress Mini Clear Embossing Ink Pad
- Distress Clear Embossing Ink is formulated to give crafters the optimum performance when embossing with Distress Embossing Powders....
- This specially developed embossing ink allows for the ideal amount of "release" to get that vintage worn and weathered...
- Suitable for all embossing powders.
5/5 from 5 reviews
Wow! Slow Drying Ink Pad-Clear Ultra
- Pad: 2" x 3.25"
- Acid free, non toxic
5/5 from 9 reviews
All you need to do is stamp using a glue pad, embossing ink pad, or suitable pigment based ink. You then sprinkle your chosen colour of embossing powder over the image, shaking off the excess, and melt it with a heat gun.
Chalks are a great way to add subtle blended colour to your stamped images. You can use cotton wool, a paintbrush or just rub it on with your fingers.
The great thing about using chalk is that it is erasable, so you don’t need to worry about going over the lines. Chalk erasers are available for this, but we find a normal eraser tends to work just as well.
If you’re looking for spectacular colour and sparkle, glitter is the perfect way to do it. Use a glue pad instead of an ink pad, and stamp the glue onto your paper or card. Then simply sprinkle your glitter on and shake off the excess. You can then either fill in the image with complementary colours or leave it as a sparkly outline.
10pk Glitter in Assorted Vibrant Colours | Glitter Shakers for Children for Crafts by Creator Zone | Glitter for Slime, Craft and Art | Free EBOOK with Over 100 Ideas
- 10 WONDERFUL VIVID COLOURS
- PERFECT FOR CRAFTS - Craft Glitter for Kids and Adults to get stuck in with craft making with this...
- Free EBOOK with over 100 great ideas to using your new Glitter
- VERSATILE USE - Our laboratory tested Glitter Tubes are safe and convenient to use by Children and Adults...
- EASY POUR JARS PACKED WITH GLITTER
4.2/5 from 72 reviews
Victoria Street 6x LARGE 100g Premium Glitter Powder Ultra Fine For Nails, Crafts, Body
- Choose ANY 6x 100g packs out of a massive 70 available.
- EN71 Certified High temperature rated
- An official Victoria Street brand quality glitter
- Supplied in a unique stand-up pack
- Please message us after ordering to state your preferred colour
3.9/5 from 17 reviews
Arteza Glitter Set of 48 Shaker Jars, Extra Fine, All Purpose for Face & Body Costumes, Cosmetics, and Crafts
- 48 Glitzy Glitters - Sort through brilliant
- 2" Tubes with Twisted Caps
- Sparkle Everywhere - Particles shine all day long and flourish under UV blacklight...
- Glimmer Safely - Glitter is certified non-toxic and safe for adults and young creatives with supervision...
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - If your product does not perform to your expectations...
5/5 from 8 reviews
Arteza Fine Glitter, Set of 54 Colours, Shaker Jars (0.34oz/9.6 g) Glow Under UV Black Light, Extra Fine, All Purpose for Body, Face, Slime, Crafts
- 54 Colors kit includes: 33 brilliant colors
- Add a shimmering glow to your DIY projects
- Apply your shiny glitter to your fun slime creations
- Worried about it being safe to use
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If your product does not perform to your expectations
5/5 from 6 reviews
Pens are one of the simplest ways to colour in a stamped image, but to achieve the best results you need great pens. Gel pens are quick and simple to use, just like regular pens, and their ultra-fine nibs give you lots of control over where you’re inking. There are a few different types, each one allowing you to achieve a different finish.